Resident AssistantAugust 29, 2021 2021-08-29 9:14
Website Gentle Haven
One Mission - Quality Care
Gentle Haven is recruiting for direct caregivers candidates to become a part of their team! We are looking for compassionate resident assistants to provide assistance in daily living and personal care services in accordance with an established care plan. We are a residential assisted living facility.
Mornings (7:00am – 3:00pm), Evening (3:00pm – 11:00pm) and Nights (11:00pm – 7:00am)
Pay dependent on experience
The duties of the Resident Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Providing direct patient care in accordance with state, federal and facility guidelines
- Provide general nursing care to patients in accordance to the facility nursing policy and procedures
- Addressing problems identified in the patient care plan.
- Provide health care services in patients residences
- Perform domestic and household tasks
- Transport and accompany clients to appointments.
- Administer prescribed medications
- Assisting residents with personal care activities
- Monitoring residents (vital signs, temperature, respiration, etc) and reporting their condition to the clinical nurse supervisor
- Maintain patients care records and document provided services
- Assist patients with mobility and physical therapies/exercises
- Instruct and counsel patients and families on diet and exercise
- Collect routine specimens
- Provide companionship and basic emotional or psychological support
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and foster a team philosophy
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, patients, families, and professional/regulatory agents
- Ability to monitor vital signs and to collect specimens
- Familiarity with basic nutrition and personal hygiene standards
- Proficiency in English
- Caring and compassionate personality
- Valid driver’s license
- High school degree
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Paid time off, sick pay, and extra pay for holiday!
To apply for this job please visit gentlehaven.com.